Emily is loving Kindergarten and we are all adjusting well. She has a great teacher whom I've been in contact with daily. We've uncovered some issues that I've been suspicious of for quite some time. Her teacher has validated my feelings and is working with Emily to create the best possible learning environment. I recently started reading this book. I can not tell you what it feels like to hear other parents/professionals share stories about their children and how similar they are to ours. It's overwhelming to me... That is all I am going to say for now. As we move through this and learn more I may blog about it. I may not. But for now, please send lots of positive thoughts our way!
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
5 comments:
Jenay, all will work out well with your beautiful daughter. Do not feel overwhelemed, if you ever need a friend to talk with, I will listen. :) Emily will be very succcessful because of the support from you, Dave, family, and friends.
:)cairra
Hi Jenay,
my name is Vicky and I am Matt and Julie's sister-in-law. I just jumped over to your blog from Bonnie's blog who we also have in common... small world. But I just had to respond as this book is my parenting BIBLE! Seriously great stuff! I am a trained school psychologist and on any given day my son looks either ADHD, bipolar or SID... and then I found this book and clearly the best description is spirited. YIKES... would love to chat more about this topic... would love to hear about your daughter... email me sometime if you'd like!! Just know you are on the right track!! Sending you tons of good thoughts as I know you need them!
I will be reading this book!!!!!
Lots of hugs and positive thoughts coming your way! Cairra is right - with all of the love and support that you and Dave provide - Emily WILL be happy and successful always!
OK, now I need this book. Man I love this blogging business.
Post a Comment