and no posts from me! Our life seems to be in a whirlwind right now. I had a great weekend away, I went up to Pequot Lakes to scrapbook with some friends for the weekend. It was nice to get away and be on my own schedule for a change. I stayed up late and tried to sleep in.
Monday was my birthday, I celebrated by shopping with my kids and dinner out with my family that evening. I got some really nice gifts, including a pair of shoes from Cole Haan! My sister is currently managing the Cole Haan downtown, so it's awesome that she is able to spread the wealth.
Our house went on the market last weekend, so we are working very hard to keep it clean... I am not used to picking up every day, especially when I am working. I am the type that cleans once a week and in the meantime I let things go. I like to enjoy my kids and enjoy my evenings relaxing, not cleaning. This housing market is so unpredictable, I just may have to get used to my house being clean everyday- and the work that it takes to do that. Who knows, we have until next November to sell it, so it could be a loooong ride!
Evan turns one tomorrow.... I have mixed emotions about that. It's hard to believe that a year can go by as fast as it does. But, he has been a lot of work so it seems as though he's been here a lot longer. Between his reflux and his ears, he's been sick most of his life. I can't imagine what it is like for parents who have children that are disabled or live with a serious illness. I am thankful that his issues are minor in the grand scheme of life.
I will update with pictures from his party early next week!
Hope all is well with everyone!
Homemade Granola
6 years ago
4 comments:
Jenay,
I enjoy reading your blog-- I feel like I am closer to you and your family because of it.I do miss the times we shared in the past and hope we can share more memories in the future. love ya lots :)
You didn't sign your name, who are you mystery friend of mine???
Can't believe Evan is "one year old" today- what a year you two have had-he is so lucky to have a great Mom and Dad( and big Sis). The love, and nurturing you have given him in these first months of his life will forever form his soul and create the great personality that I see already. I wish you better nights sleep in the coming years. Thank you for sharing him with us on the "good days" and the "bad"- that is what FAMILY is all about!
Love, Granny D.
PS. Evan is going to look adorable in his big Red Chair!!!!!
:) mystery friend-- Cairra
Sorry-- I forgot to write my name. I really do enjoy reading your blog. Hope to see you soon. We usually go to the Valley Fair every summer-- let's try to do lunch. :)
Post a Comment