Thursday, March 15, 2007

Girlfriends...

Last night I met one of my girlfriends for dinner and drinks. I have really come to cherish alone time, especially when I get to spend it with a girlfriend. We talked about the usual stuff, work, kids, husbands, etc. But there was something different about our conversation last night. As I was driving home I realized something, I realized that we are both at a place in our lives where we are comfortable with who we are.

There is not a day that goes by that I don't question whether or not I should stay home full time to enjoy every second with my kids. Then there are the selfish days where I think about how Dave and I could have additional income if I worked full time. About the only thing that I am 100% sure about is that I will never regret that I chose to work PT while my kids were young. I have always said, I can never get these years back with my babies. We talked last night about how it's OK to question what you are doing and it's OK to change your mind about things.

Long before I had kids, I used to say that I will never let my children define me as a person... I am not sure why I ever thought that would be a bad thing. I am lucky, Emily made me a Mother and Evan has made me into an even better Mother. I am certain that I am the woman I am today because of them and I couldn't be happier.

My girlfriends have become the women they are today because of their babies... It's amazing to see how all of them have changed since giving birth. I especially love that I am able to learn from each of them when we do take the time to get together.

Thanks to all of you for your friendship- you know who you are =)

No comments: