Thursday, February 8, 2007

Balentines....


No, that is not a typo. Emily refers to Valentines as Balentines and it is so, so cute. I asked Dave what he wanted for Valentines Day last night. Emily quickly answered for him by saying, "Daddy, we already bought you some candy." Thanks Em!

I love Valentines Day, it has been my favorite holiday since I was a little girl. I think it's the pink and red hearts that I love the most... I love walking into Target this time of year and seeing everything pink! As little girls, my Mom made it very special for Jackie & I. We always had heart cookies/candy, valentines shirts & on the morning of Valentines Day she'd have the cutest gifts waiting for us. She still buys us gifts on Valentines Day and it still makes me as happy now as it did when I was little. Emily really gets it this year. We went to Target earlier this week to get her Valentines t-shirt & we ended up with a whole lot more valentine than that... It's so hard to pass things up when they make them heart-shaped and pink! Still not sure what we'll get Daddy for Balentines- but I know it'll be good & it'll come with a whole lotta love from his princess!

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

Here is a fun tip for upcoming St. Patrick's Day: give her a glass of milk with green food coloring in it. My kids think that is so crazy that the leprechaun can do such stuff!!!!
Valentines is so fun. Everything is through the eyes of a child!