




We had such a good time on our annual vacation to the lake. The weather was amazing and the kids were so easy this year. There was no pack-n-play, or baby toys to lug with this year! My cousins have kids the same ages as Emily and Evan so it's a great time for all. The only bummer is that the week goes by too fast! Emily spent most of the week in the lake, swimming her little heart out. There was one point during the week that i kind of got sad, i realized that i had hardly talked to her. She was on the go the entire time. On the last night we had a little drama and a trip to the ER. She was doing what she does, hanging & twirling on a railing and fell off and hit her head on the cement steps. Instead of stitches they were able to glue (durabond) the cut. So, there was no shot of Novocain- which Emily was thrilled with. Shortly after we got back I caught her swinging SUPER HIGH on a tire swing and I had to remind her where we had just come from. She has so much energy! Evan was the entertainment for the week, he had everyone laughing at some point during the week. His vocabulary has really taken off, only he talks with a Boston accent. He's most famous for saying, Ober dehr when he means over there! I had to throw that pic in of my beautiful sister. She'll probably kill me, but I think it's a great picture of her.Now the count down has begun, 4 more weeks until kindergarten. We are going on our very first school shopping outing with my Mom on Monday. Bittersweet. She is going to love school, she is so ready. I am not ready for it, and I know Evan will miss her so much during the day. Change, I have never been good with it.
5 comments:
Beautiful pics Jenay! I thought the 1st one was of you!
I wish we were still there!
man of the house? Let's not kid ourselves, Dave...
It was an absolutely perfect family vacation at the lake!
Old Man of the House.
great pictures - glad you had a good time on vacation! it's so sad that summer is soon coming to a close!
Post a Comment