Sunday, August 5, 2007

Vacation















We're back!! It's so nice to be home after being away. I love vacations, but I also thrive on schedules and normalcy. We had such a great time up at the lake with my extended family. My cousins have kids the same ages as Emily and Evan so the kids have constant playmates from sun up until sun down! I look forward to our annual trip to the lake every year, it makes me sad to think that it is now an entire year away until the next trip.


We were very saddened by the news of the 35W bridge. We were on our way to Zorbas for pizza when my uncle called to tell us. It was very surreal for all of us. Most of us frantically tried calling home to be sure that our loved ones were safe. Just as I did on 9/11, I had a hard time sleeping that night. Each time I awoke, I couldn't help but think about the families, the children, and all that were missing their loved ones that night. I also could not help but remember that Dave drove over that bridge twice a day for 5 years. It's a drastic reminder as to how fast our lives can change. We must always kiss each other good bye, as it could be the very last time.




On a lighter note, here are a few pictures to tide you over until I can get more edited and posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank God for a safe vacation and a great time with our grandkids-lots of kisses and hugs. Lotsd of good memories for Emily-running with the pack. Love Grandma

Anonymous said...

you gave me chills while reading your message. Life is so short and passes by before we know it. I have had some health issues lately. They are worried about stroke, and heart attack. I have been working hard at being healthy-- but doesn't always help. Well, I wish you well and your family happiness. :) cairra