Thursday, March 1, 2007

A Snow Day





We've been stuck at home all day... All of us....



Dave decided last night that he was going to work from home today due to the pending storm. I had planned to go into work later than normal to avoid the traffic. However..... at 6:30 this morning I saw on the news that our daycare center was closed. So, that meant my job was to keep the kids busy so that Dave could work in some sort of peace. Oh yeah, sounds easy doesn't it!


Luckily, Evan took two nice long naps for us today. Emily on the other hand, she begged and begged for Dave to take her out. After he finished working, he did take her out. She and the neighbor girls spent a good hour jumping off the high snow banks into the deep snow. She loved every minute of it, so much so that I could not get her to stop and pose for a picture. It was snowing so hard when I took this photo that it was hard to get a good one.


The other picture is of Emily eating "put it in the powder" as she calls it, otherwise know as Fun Dip. She pulled a stool right up next to Dave while he was working and proceeded to eat fun dip... and you all know how hard it is for a 3yr old to control that little candy stick as they put it in and out of that little sugar packet 2,000 times. I asked Dave if he wished Emily could sit next to him at work every day!


We are still unsure of what the plan is for tomorrow. Will we be stuck at home again? At last look, we had gotten 13" of snow and it's supposed to continue into tomorrow. I am starting to feel like I am living in the movie Groundhog Day.

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

I hear you Jenay! Guess having the day off when the rest of the world is shut down doesn't count for me. At least I don't have to make up this snow day!
I am aware of how spendy Cabi is...we will see if I can afford to get anything. I feel so poor!