Thursday, February 22, 2007

Coming out of the Dark

Isn't that a song title? Well, Mr. Evan wasn't getting any better as of Tuesday morning so I made a Dr. appointment for him. After getting ready on Tuesday afternoon, I went to grab something out of the laundry basket and immediately felt the worst pain I had ever felt!! I had thrown my back out, just like that! I was able to get myself to stand up, but that was it. It hurt to move my arms, it hurt to turn my torso, it even hurt to walk, I was only able to stand straight up without pain. I called for Emily to grab the phone and immediately called Dave. He rushed home (as fast as he could in 30 minutes). Evan was so sick at this point that he just laid on my bed where I had left him and fell asleep. Thank god, because I would never have been able to hold him or lift him. I have never felt so panicked in my life. It is really scary not being able to move your body, especially when you know that you need to take care of a baby. I stood right next to the bed while Emily tried to make me feel better by making me laugh.

I knew that Evan needed to get to his Dr.'s appointment but I also knew that I couldn't make it there to be with him. Before Dave arrived home, I quickly called my best friend Amanda to take Emily for us, in which she did. Thanks Amanda! I then called my Mom to see if she could meet us at Evan's Dr. appointment. Bless her soul, she was able to leave work early and meet us at the Dr.'s office where we left Evan with her.

Dave took me to the ER. We arrived a little after 3pm and of course had to wait.... I was finally given some good drugs around 5pm and after x-rays they determined that I have a minor sacral injury which will heal on it's own. We were discharged at 8:30 and then waited until 9:30 for the pharmacy to fill my prescription! In the mean time, my Mom had brought Evan back to our house after his appointment to take care of him until we got home. My Mom ended up spending the night with us and stayed all day Wednesday so that Dave could go to work. She took care of Evan and managed to clean my bathrooms and do all the laundry! Thank you Mom, I could never live without you.

As for Evan, an ear infection has been causing his high fever. We started him on antibiotics Tuesday night and today he is finally looking a little more like himself. More importantly, for the first time since Saturday, he does not have a fever! Dave stayed home with us today and we are both feeling better. I think we just might be able to try work and daycare tomorrow!

Looks like Dave might just make it snowmobiling after all!

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

Glad to hear you are all feeling better. Btw, that is a Gloria Estefan song...didn't know you were a fan of hers Jenay! Ha ha
Two games to go to see if we make it to state! We WILL get together~